• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Game of Thrones

UnderBro

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Bronze Member
That's a bullshit bandwagon reply, it's like you forgot everything she went through, everything she had done, and she was right to continue killing Cersie's soldiers, they freely choose which side to take. Jon Snow deciding appointed himself judge and executioner of Daenerys made him, at best, morally equivalent. And he helped put Bran-"I don't want to be king", also Bran- "Why do you think I came all this way?" on the throne, just keeping the wheel turning.

Bran isn't nicknamed the Broken just because of his disability. Together with the other Westeros rulers, they broken the wheel by letting the citizens decide who will be their next king or queen instead of royal inheritance. That's what Dany was going for except she wanted Jon to be her lover and king which just continues the wheel she wanted to break. Tyrion even mentions this as he's talking to Bran and the others.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Bran isn't nicknamed the Broken just because of his disability. Together with the other Westeros rulers, they broken the wheel by letting the citizens decide who will be their next king or queen instead of royal inheritance. That's what Dany was going for except she wanted Jon to be her lover and king which just continues the wheel she wanted to break. Tyrion even mentions this as he's talking to Bran and the others.

You don't even realize you're being manipulated. This wasn't the end of the story, just this particular series, which is a shame because they really fumbled, but if you think The Game is over, just hahaha.

UnderBro

Bronze Member
You don't even realize you're being manipulated. This wasn't the end of the story, just this particular series, which is a shame because they really fumbled, but if you think The Game is over, just hahaha.

I know George R. R. Martin still have to finish writing the last 2 books, so we'll have to wait to see how it really ends. And I know they are going to do a prequel TV series. The cast and crew of TV show finished their jobs and they did a good job entertaining me for the past 8 years. Kudos to all of them for their hard work. :clap: :hatsoff:

xfire

I know George R. R. Martin still have to finish writing the last 2 books, so we'll have to wait to see how it really ends. And I know they are going to do a prequel TV series. The cast and crew of TV show finished their jobs and they did a good job entertaining me for the past 8 years. Kudos to all of them for their hard work. :clap: :hatsoff:

Martin hasn't been involved for a while, if they fucked up, which I'm pretty sure they did, he will be brutal when he fixes it.

UnderBro

Bronze Member
Martin hasn't been involved for a while, if they fucked up, which I'm pretty sure they did, he will be brutal when he fixes it.

The show went ahead of the books, so it was up to the Martin and the showrunners to give the people what they want. They couldn't take a long hiatus since it's a popular show and there's crew members that had to get paid to provide for their families.

xfire

The show went ahead of the books, so it was up to the Martin and the showrunners to give the people what they want. They couldn't take a long hiatus since it's a popular show and there's crew members that had to get paid to provide for their families.

Sure, no problem. Martin is a good writer and there are a million ways to fuck Jon Snow in the future, a million more to resurrect Dany (assuming she's actually dead, which I don't), the choice to kill her off was chickenshit, carried out in a cowardly way.

UnderBro

Bronze Member
Sure, no problem. Martin is a good writer and there are a million ways to fuck Jon Snow in the future, a million more to resurrect Dany (assuming she's actually dead, which I don't), the choice to kill her off was chickenshit, carried out in a cowardly way.

How did you want Dany to get killed?

xfire

How did you want Dany to get killed?

I didn't.

People miss the point and cop to the easy way out, "she went mad". No, they were following an evil queen, these are the same people that cheered when Ned Stark was murdered, and really we don't see how many civilians were actually slain. Given a choice between Bran Stark and Daenerys Targaryen, I take Daenerys every time.

UnderBro

Bronze Member
I didn't.

People miss the point and cop to the easy way out, "she went mad". No, they were following an evil queen, these are the same people that cheered when Ned Stark was murdered, and really we don't see how many civilians were actually slain. Given a choice between Bran Stark and Daenerys Targaryen, I take Daenerys every time.

Really? Even though she committed genocide at King's Landing?

xfire

Really? Even though she committed genocide at King's Landing?

There's no way to know how many civilians died, and even if there were; Hiroshima, London Blitz, any number of other cases of civilian collateral damage, shit happens in war.

UnderBro

Bronze Member
There's no way to know how many civilians died, and even if there were; Hiroshima, London Blitz, any number of other cases of civilian collateral damage, shit happens in war.

A lot of people died, like over 10,000 based on what Tyrion said about the population count. Genocide is never a good answer.

xfire

A lot of people died, like over 10,000 based on what Tyrion said about the population count. Genocide is never a good answer.

As if Cersei weren't just as guilty, and don't forget how Baratheon/Lannister came to sit on the Iron Throne.

xfire

My final thought; GOT started with the privileged few enjoying their privilege and ended the same way. The council choose Bran Stark, not the citizens. They could have done better, can only hope Martin fixes shit in future books.

afterlights

Tip: install a spycam in your toilet.
At some level it's irritating to me that for a generation of people this is going to be the defining fantasy setting, or at least the one that's highest after the Middle Earth books, in their minds when they think of the genre instead of a dozen other major ones that are much better. I wonder what would have happened if all the time and resources that went into Game of Thrones went into making a television show based on one of the other ones instead.

I've never read any ASOIAF (does spending hours scouring the wikis count?), so, superficially, I think this has been a passable adaptation of the books, but I've been a longtime fan of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time.

afterlights

Tip: install a spycam in your toilet.
xfire, you make some good points. After the finale I feel season 8 should have been the Night King and season 9 should have been the episodes after. I think more development could have satisfied you. This season really did feel like Cliffs Notes.

xfire

Fuck Brandon Stark. Riddle me this, why does he want to find Drogon? I hope he finds Drogon and gets roasted.

UnderBro

Bronze Member
xfire, you make some good points. After the finale I feel season 8 should have been the Night King and season 9 should have been the episodes after. I think more development could have satisfied you. This season really did feel like Cliffs Notes.

The thing about the Night King is pretty simple. He just wanted human extinction, there's nothing complex about that. He was just the embodiment of death. Everyone dies eventually so that's not really interesting. Maybe his character will be flesh out more in the last two books that Martin is working on.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I am going to miss that show

Me too seamanmonkey. Me too.

Although there were so many things this season that didn't make sense (both big things and small) , were poorly written, were clearly rushed, ect ect I have no great problem with the ending.
Ok maybe how all the houses pussied out to the Unsullied and Dothraki (Who I was led to believe were all but wiped out by the Army of the Dead).
I think they should have stood up for Jon at the end.

I will miss it.

And at least we still have Sir Roger Oxfords yootoob channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqiSl5lZC7lMFQb0q2Z6NTA

And the books

Game+of+Thrones+book+.jpg

AClashOfKings.jpg

Game-Of-Thrones-Memes-theon-greyjoy-bad-life-choices.jpg